Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dollar General: Hit up the Clearance with my coupons! Spent .45!

Paid .45 for all of this! I believe full price would have been around $34!

If you have a Dollar General near you, grab your coupons and get over there! They are doing B1G1 FREE on all Clearance, Summer, and Last Chance Merchandise and they WILL take coupons and they WILL give you the overages! Here's what I scored today along with the coupons I used:

(2) Nice N' Easy Root Touch Up - On Clearance - charged $2/each
(2) Febreeze Noticibles Warmers - On Clearance - charged $1/each
(1) Nyquil Liquid and (1) Nyquil Liquicaps - On Clearance- Charged $1.25/each
(1) Clear Value Pecan Halves, not on sale, $2.95
(1) Twix Fun Size - Not on sale, $1
(1) Kit Kat Fun Size - Not on sale, $1

Coupons Used:
(2) $2.00/ANY Clairol Hair Color, 8/28/11 P&G Insert
(1) $3.00/2 Vick's Products, 8/28/11 P&G Insert
(2) $3.00/1 Febreze Noticibles Warmer, 8.28.11 P&G Insert

I honestly think the way that they are doing this sale is just taking an additional 50% off the already reduced prices, and not actually figuring in a free item. It seems per my receipt that's how they are doing it. Either way, at the clearance prices, everything I bought came to $13.45. I estimated that at full price it all would have been around $34. I had $13 in coupons, so I paid just .45 out of pocket!

I've said this a few times before and it bears repeating: Clip ALL of your coupons and keep them in a well organized binder! Take that binder with you EVERY TIME YOU SHOP! I carry mine in a nice tote bag. You can bet you will be in the store and you will see clearance items or sale items and you will want to see if you have a coupon to match with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkShare_468x60v1