Tuesday, October 4, 2011

CVS week of 10/02/11 I got paid $6.59 for $68.96 worth of merchandise!

I just had to take the photo with my receipt! Look at that baby!! Woo hoo!

Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE CVS??!?

Before I started couponing, I LIKED CVS. I would go there for candy, maybe a bottle of water. I'd go browse around the cosmetics department for a lip gloss or a nail polish but never in my wildest dreams did I think that I could actually build a stockpile of  Home, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, and even Grocery items for around a 90% average savings week after week!

I sometimes get strange looks as I stroll around the store with my shopping cart, coupon binder propped up in front of me, sometimes calculator in hand. I've even gotten heckled! Today in fact a lady behind me in line was basically laughing at me for my coupon binder and then she watched me pay $4.41 for $68.96 worth of products AND walk out the door with $11.00 Extra bucks! SHAZAAM!! She tried to laugh it off by stating that SHE could have bought the cheap powder but she didn't! I told her I didn't buy the "cheap ones" either. :)))

OK, OK, I digress, let's get to this trip and how I pulled a rabbit out of my hat yet again. 
Yes, I had a few special coupons and we'll get to that, but most of what I used are coupons any of you could have if you bought just TWO newspapers a week. 

This is one transaction.
I bought: 
(2) Dove Shampoos- On Sale =$2/6
(2) Dove Conditioners - On Sale= $2/6
(1) Dove Men + Care Deodorant = $3.49
(1) Bounce Dryer Bar - On Sale =$3.99
(2) Febreeze Air Effects - On Sale $2.99ea = $5.98
(2) Febreeze Noticeables Refills - On Sale $3.99ea = $7.98
(2) Cover Girl Bronzer = $4.99ea B1G1 50% OFF = $7.48
(1) Cover Girl Cheekers Blush =$4.99
(1) Cover Girl Professional Mascara =$5.99

Total before Extra Care sales: $68.96

Total after sales: $51.90

Manufacturer's Coupons Used: 
(2) $8/2 any Cover Girl Face Product (10/2 P&G insert) = $16.00
(2) B1G1 Free any Dove Hair Care (10/2 P&G insert) = $6.00
(1) $1/1 Dove Men + Care Deodorant = $1.00
(1) $1.50/1 Bounce Dryer Bar (from Vocalpoint - can no longer request) = $1.50
(1) $2.00/any 2 Febreeze Products = $2.00
(2) $1/1 Febreeze Noticeables Refill = $2.00
Total value of all Manufacturer Coupons = $28.50

If I had stopped here and not had any Extra Bucks or CVS coupons my total would have been: $23.40.

I then had a coupon for $3.00 off Cover Girl Professional Mascara which printed out of the Magic Red Machine.
I also used $15.99 in Extra Bucks broken down as such:
$5.99 earned last week when shopping
$2.00 for Pledging not to be a Money Trasher (first 500,000)
$3.00 Quarterly Extra Bucks
$5.00 for hitting the $50 mark again in beauty purchases, via the CVS Beauty Club

So, after the CVS coupon and my Extra Bucks my total Out of Pocket was: $4.41

I then brought home $11 in Extra Bucks. $5 for purchasing $15 in Dove, $5 for purchasing $15 in select household items, and $1.00 for my 4th scan of my Green Bag Tag


So, if I subtract my out of pocket from Extra Bucks earned, I actually was PAID $6.59 today for all of this!

Otherwise, I saved 94% and paid just .32 per item!

Don't think you can do this? You totally can!  If you went in and spent the $23.40 this week, you'd bring home $10.00 Extra Bucks and next week you could roll that right over into more Extra Bucks and less out of pocket! It just keeps adding up from there, my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkShare_468x60v1